Senior Analyst (Dairy)
Soumya joined the market specialist team in March 2023. Her role is to prepare insightful market commentary supported by evaluation of trends and market and policy developments, with the ability to tap into multiple information sources to support analysis. To present market outputs in a clear manner to a broad audience including levy payers in the form of articles and presentations. To support the development of the team to ensure continuous delivery of high-quality insight.
Prior to joining AHDB, Soumya worked with Indian Agribusiness Systems Pvt. Ltd. She has worked across multiple sectors like cereals, oilcomplex, metals, currency etc. She was responsible for preparing and delivering customized daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly reports in different commodity sectors.
Other Articles from Soumya Behera
- AMPE and MCVE updated to reflect latest costs
- Will China continue the downtrend in dairy demand?
- Milk deliveries almost flat in April
- CPTPP – will it boost dairy exports?
- Increased milk production in May vs 2022 but below forecast
- Mixed trend in UK dairy product availability Q1 2023
- GB milk production expected to be flat for upcoming season
- EU dairy product availability mixed in Q1 2023
- GDT Price Index continues the descent
- Calf registrations: Dairy calf registrations steady in Q2 despite worsening margins
- China’s dairy imports H1: Weak demand could drive global prices down further
- Q2 dairy trade review: mixed bag for exports and imports
- UK dairy product availability: Higher exports drive available supplies lower in Q2 2023
- GB milk production: August volumes remain in growth
- EU dairy product availability: lower in Q2
- NI milk prices: continuing the downward trajectory
- AMPE and MCVE costs updated to reflect Q2 inflation change
- GDT Price Index: takes a step down at the latest event
- UK dairy product availability Q3 2023: Powder supplies shrink as huge boost to exports in Africa and the Middle East
- EU dairy product availability: downtrend continues in Q3
- AMPE and MCVE updated to reflect latest costs in Q3 2023
- Global milk supplies forecast: modest growth expected in 2024
- GB milk production: January production slightly down
- 2023 dairy trade review: improved balance of trade