GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: May 2020
- GB animal feed production(1) in May 2020 was down 10.2% for cattle and calves, 6.4% for pigs, 3.9% for poultry and 2.1% for sheep, compared with May 2019.
- In May 2020, 15.1% more barley and 1.0% less wheat was used to produce GB animal feed(1) compared to the same period in 2019.
- From July 2019 to May 2020, GB animal feed production(1) was up 4.7% for pigs and 2.6% for poultry compared with the same period in 2018/19. Both cattle and calf and sheep feed were 6.0% lower.
- Compared with the same period in 2018/19, 22.0% more barley and 1.8% more wheat was used to produce GB animal feed(1) from July 2019 to May 2020.
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July 2019 to May 2020 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at email@example.com