GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: February 2020
- In February 2020 GB animal feed production(1) was up 2.6% for sheep, 0.4% for poultry and down 2.0% for pigs and 4.6% for cattle and calves compared with February 2019.
- 3% more barley was used to produce GB animal feed(1) in February compared with year earlier levels. The amount of wheat used was relatively unchanged (-0.4%) over the same period.
- Season to date (Jul-Feb) GB animal feed production(1) is up 5.4% for pigs, 2.7% for poultry and down 7.1% for cattle and calves and 12.5% for sheep.
- From July 2019 to February 2020 0.6% more wheat and 18.5% more barley was used to produce GB animal feed(1) compared with the same period in 2018/19.
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July to February 2020 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at firstname.lastname@example.org