GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: September 2020
- GB animal feed production(1) in September 2020 increased by 23.5% for sheep, 9.8% for pigs, 6.7% for cattle and calves, but decreased 1.8% for poultry(1), compared to the same period in 2019.
- 42.9% more barley and 9.9% less wheat was used to produce GB animal feed(1) in September compared with September 2019.
- From July to September 2020, animal feed production(1) increased by 16.3% for sheep,4.4% for pigs and 3.0 % for cattle and calves compared with July to September 2019. Poultry feed production(1) declined by 1.8% over the same period.
- Season to date (Jul-Sep), barley usage in GB animal feed production(1) was up 28.5% year on year. Wheat usage was down 6.0% over the same period.
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July 2020 to September 2020 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at email@example.com