GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: November 2019
- GB animal feed production(1) in November 2019 was up 5.2% for pigs, 2.0% for poultry, but down 6.6% for sheep and 7.0% for cattle and calves compared with November 2018.
- In November, 1.4% more wheat and 20.1% more barley was used to produce GB animal feed(1) compared with the same period in 2018.
- Season to date (Jul-Nov) GB animal feed production(1) is up year on year for pigs and poultry by 5.7% and 0.6% respectively. Cattle and calve feed is down 9.6% and sheep feed is 28.0% lower over the same period.
- Compared with the same period in 2018/19, 3.0% less wheat and 9.3% more barley was used to produce GB animal feed(1) from July to November 2019.
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July to November 2019 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at firstname.lastname@example.org