GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: August 2020
- GB animal feed production(1) in August 2020 was up 8.4% for sheep and 0.4% for pigs, while it was down 1.9% for poultry(1) and 0.3% for cattle and calf feed, compared with the same period in 2019.
- In August 2020, 18.3% more barley and 5.8% less wheat was used to produce GB animal feed(1) compared to August 2019.
- From July to August 2020, animal feed production(1) increased by 12.7% for sheep, 0.9% for cattle and calves, 0.3% for pigs and decreased by 2.9% for poultry, compared with the same period in 2019.
- Season to date (Jul-Aug), barley usage in GB animal feed production(1) was up 21.0% compared to July -August 2019. Wheat usage was down 4.6% over the same period.
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July 2020 to August 2020 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at email@example.com