GB animal feed production
This information shows the volume of animal feed produced by manufacturers in GB and the amount of raw materials used in the process. It is updated each month and is used to produce the UK cereals supply and demand estimates.
Overview: December 2019
- In December, GB animal feed production(1) was up 3.3% for pigs and down 0.5% for poultry, 2.3% for sheep and 5.7% for cattle and calves, compared with December 2018.
- 0.6% more wheat and 29.5% more barley was used to produce GB animal feed(1) in December 2019 compared with year earlier levels.
- From July to December GB animal feed production(1) was up 5.3% for pigs and 0.5% for poultry year on year. Cattle and calve feed was down 8.7% and sheep feed was 22.1% lower over the same period.
- Compared with the same period in 2018/19, 2.2% less wheat and 13.1% more barley was used to produce GB animal feed(1) in the season to date(3).
(1) Includes data from compound processors and integrated poultry units; (2) % change relates to the same period in the previous year; (3) Season to date comprises of July to December 2019 data. Due to rounding, totals may not agree with the sum of the individual items.
For further infomation please contact the AHDB Balance Sheet Team at email@example.com