Harvest progress in Great Britain
Use our interactive tool below to discover harvest progress across Great Britain. You can also select specific crops, areas and the years you wish to compare at a regional or national level.
Harvest progress of the two weeks to 13 August was steady with just over 1.1Mha harvested over the two week period, bringing the GB cereal and oilseed harvest to 43% complete. During WE6 August harvest of winter barley and WOSR was drawing to a close in the south, with a start being made on winter wheat.
Further north a start was made on winter barley and WOSR. By WE13 August harvest of winter wheat had started in most regions and was progressing well in the south, harvest of winter barley and WOSR was nearing completion in the Midlands and a start had been made on winter oats and spring barley.
- Wheat - 27% complete, mostly in the East of England and South East although a start has been made in most regions.
- Winter barley - 94% complete, small areas left to harvest in northern England and Scotland.
- Spring barley - 25% complete, significant areas harvested in East of England, South East and South West, little harvested in northern regions.
- Oats - 17% complete – start made to winter oat harvest in southern England and the Midlands.
- Winter oilseed rape - 86% complete, harvest is complete in southern England and the Midlands, small areas left to harvest in northern England and Scotland.
How to use the dashboard
- Use the drop down menus at the top of the dashboard to select a harvest week and crop. This will allow you to view the national harvested area for that crop (top chart) as well as a regional breakdown (right-hand chart). National quality and yield information (left-hand table) is also available for all crops alongside harvest progress comments (map). The line chart tracks national harvest progress, for the selected crop, compared to previous years.
- Use the drop down menus at the top of the second chart to view the harvest progress, of a particular crop, throughout the season.