Global Dairy Trade events
Updated 16 August 2022
Global Dairy Trade (GDT) events take place twice a month, trading dairy commodity ingredients. Here you will find key results from the latest event.
Latest event summary
- The overall GDT Price Index decreased by 2.9% from the previous event to $3,768 per tonne.
- 30,326 tonnes of product was sold, mostly WMP and SMP.
- Next auction: Tuesday 6 September 2022
This dataset was produced by our Data and Analysis Team. To find out more about the team, please visit the Data and Analysis team page.
If you need any further help please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GDT events are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
- Six contract periods are made available which correspond to future delivery periods.
- The % change refers to the change in GDT price indices between auctions, not changes in the average weighted price. This gives a more accurate reflection of price movements than using simple weighted average prices because it takes into account changes in available volumes.
- Average prices reflect the weighted average winning price in US dollars per tonne.
- Quantity sold is the total tonnage sold in a trading event across all products, contract periods and sellers.
- n.a. indicates no quantity was offered or sold in either the current event and/or in the prior two events. It may also mean the prices published for individual products within a group were insufficient for the Price Index to be calculated.
While AHDB seeks to ensure that the information contained on this webpage is accurate at the time of publication, no warranty is given in respect of the information and data provided. You are responsible for how you use the information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, AHDB accepts no liability for loss, damage or injury howsoever caused or suffered (including that caused by negligence) directly or indirectly in relation to the information or data provided in this publication.