Global Dairy Trade events
Updated 21 January 2020
Global Dairy Trade (GDT) events take place twice a month, trading dairy commodity ingredients. Here you will find key results from the latest event.
Lastest event summary
- The overall GDT Price Index rose by 1.7% from the previous event to $3,434 per tonne.
- 33,165 tonnes of product was sold, mostly WMP and SMP.
- Next auction: Tuesday 4 February 2020.
- GDT events are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month.
- Six contract periods are made available which correspond to future delivery periods.
- The % change refers to the change in GDT price indices between auctions, not changes in the average weighted price. This gives a more accurate reflection of price movements than using simple weighted average prices because it takes into account changes in available volumes.
- Average prices reflect the weighted average winning price in US dollars per tonne.
- Quantity sold is the total tonnage sold in a trading event across all products, contract periods and sellers.
- n.a. indicates no quantity was offered or sold in either the current event and/or in the prior two events. It may also mean the prices published for individual products within a group were insufficient for the Price Index to be calculated.