EU farmgate milk prices (incl. organic)
Updated 22 October 2020
The EU farmgate milk prices are the average prices paid to farmers in the in the EU on a euro per 100kg basis, converted to a sterling pence per litre. The standard litre price for organic milk is also available for selected EU Member States. These figures are updated every month.
EU farmgate milk prices
EU organic farmgate milk prices
Farmgate milk prices
- All prices have been converted into pence per litre using the average exchange rate in the month.
- * Figures are DG Agri estimations.
- ** Figures are estimated prices by the MembeState.
- *** Figures are estimations based on national statistics.
- The EU average for 2020 excludes the UK.
- The weighted average EU milk price graph for 2020 excludes the UK.
- † Defra reported the UK milk price for August 2020 as 27.92ppl (30.10 euros/100kg), July 2020 as 27.73ppl (29.77 euros/100kg) and June 2020 as 27.15ppl (29.34 euros/100kg).
Organic farmgate milk prices
- Organic farmgate price data is very limited, with no data available for the UK. Standard litre prices are available for France, Germany, Austria and Belgium. Please note the Belgium data has not been updated as the latest data is under review.
- The standard litre quoted for France is different to the standard litre for the other countries.
- † Provisional