Agronomy Week 2020
If you have already registered for Agronomy Week 2020, you can access all of the webinars online.
If you have any problems accessing the platform, please email email@example.com.
This series of webinars explored the key issues in contemporary agronomy.
Ordinarily, AHDB hosts the Agronomists’ Conference in December. This annual event is a two-day conference for agronomists, covering the cereals and oilseeds and potatoes industries. Due to ongoing restrictions following the coronavirus pandemic, we have taken the decision to cancel major events up until the end of 2020. As a result, this years' conference was entirely online and free to attend.
Agronomy Week live stream programme
Click on the date to view a full programme for that day
- How to develop Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for sustainable farming systems.* (watch the video)
- Growing oilseed rape: achieving yield potential and CSFB larvae control (watch the video)
- Yield resilience in climate extremes (watch the video)
- Ecological principles for weed management (watch the video)
- How to use the Recommended Lists (RL) for cereals and oilseeds.* (watch the video)
- How to use the Recommended Lists (RL) to minimise risk (watch the video)
- Fungicide performance and programmes (watch the video)
- Cover crops, rotations and niche cropping: strategies that plant a profit (watch the video)
- How to get the best out of potatoes: markets, agronomy and the industry.* (watch the video)
- Genetic resources for potatoes - launch of the new Potato Variety Comparison Tool (watch the video)
- Maleic Hydrazide, increasing uptake (watch the video)
- Desiccation (watch the video)
- How to use new technologies and new approaches in potato production.* (watch the video)
- Preventing, detecting and controlling nematodes (watch the video)
- Aphids and virus control (watch the video)
- Late blight: genotypes and resistant varieties (watch the video)
- 9am - 10.30am: How to measure the impact of soil management practices using a soil health scorecard.* (watch the video)
- 11am - 12.30pm: Agricultural resilience in a warmer world: planning for blight and drought (watch the video)
- 2pm - 3.30pm: Over winter cover crops ahead of potatoes (watch the video)
- 5pm - 6.30pm: Drip irrigation with slightly salty water (video coming soon)
*Agronomists' Induction 2020
The Agronomists' Induction, our annual conference for early career agronomists, returns this year as part of Agronomy Week. In addition to the main programme, new agronomists and advisers will have exclusive access to webinars to introduce them to AHDB tools, services and staff.
In the above programme, Agronomists' Induction webinars are indicated with and asterisk (*).