Real Welfare for vets
If you're a vet looking to complete Real Welfare assessments on your clients' units, you will need to take online and practical on-farm training and assessments yourself.
You must also be registered with Red Tractor/Quality Meat Scotland (QMS) and the Pig Veterinary Society (PVS).
The online training is available by logging onto the Real Welfare training website. For login details, email email@example.com
Real Welfare resources
You can also download and print paper data sheets (portrait/landscape) for recording Real Welfare assessment measures on farm.
You can then upload the data to the database via the app or web portal.
Submitting Real Welfare results
Using the iPig portal
- The portal is the web-based access point to the Real Welfare (iPig) database
- The portal can be accessed via Pig Hub, where you should register and log in, or access can be gained by going to www.i-pig.org
- Refer to the user manual [link to PDF of User guide Ipig Web Portal Vets document] for more information on using the iPig portal
- Internet access is required
- The portal can be used to submit data to the iPig database and to view benchmarked results
Using the iPig app
- The iPig portal can be accessed using mobile telephones and tablet devices via the iPig app
- Download the iOS version of the app from the Apple Store or download the Android version of the app from Google Play
- It is recommended that the app is downloaded and users register and log in before visiting the farm
- Use the app for entering unit information, calculating sample numbers, collecting Real Welfare data, submitting data to the iPig database and viewing benchmarked results
- iPig iOS app user guide
- iPig Android app user guide
For technical help with the iPig portal or app, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0247 647 8913 during AHDB office hours.
iPig app video tutorials
Use these videos to learn how to use the iPig app.