Mental Health & Wellbeing: Suicide awareness with the DPJ Foundation
Even in normal times farming can be isolated, but given the additional market and financial pressures and the health and well-being considerations linked to Covid-19, AHDB has teamed up with key farming charities to give you specialist advice in this area to help you provide support to your farming team, work colleagues, family members and help your personal well-being.
There are numerous risk factors which can jeopardise the mental health and wellbeing of those working within the agricultural sector, but it is vital to know you are not alone. Recognising the symptoms and starting the conversation can make a big difference to your outlook, as well as creating a support network for others.
Join AHDB and representatives from the DPJ foundation for the first in a weekly series of six webinars, supported by Co-op Farming & Food, focussing on mental health and wellbeing. This first week’s session will focus on suicide awareness. It is a shocking statistic that more than one member of the farming community dies by suicide each week.
The webinar will cover:
- Risk factors and signs to watch out for
- How to help someone who is suicidal
- Information and resources available
- Where to go for support
Register now for this free webinar to help raise the awareness of mental health within the farming community.
- 08/07/20 Mental Health & Wellbeing: Suicide awareness with the DPJ Foundation (@dpjfoundation)
- 15/07/20 Mental Health & Wellbeing: Handling financial hardship with the R.A.B.I. charity (@RABIcharity)
- 22/07/20 Mental Health & Wellbeing: Supporting yourself through resilience with Yellow Wellies Foundation (@yellowwelliesuk)
- 29/07/20 Mental Health & Wellbeing: Supporting your business with FCN’s FarmWell initiative (@FCNFarmWell)
- 05/08/20 Mental Health & Wellbeing: Accessing support in Scotland with the RSABI charity (@RSABI )
- 12/08/20 Mental Health & Wellbeing: Supporting others – how to help somebody else with the YANA project (@yanafarming)