Finisher management 2 - York
The Stockperson Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Understand the importance of the finishing department on the profit of the unit
- Identify 3 key triggers of vice
- Pinpoint factors that a pig is ready for slaughter
- Recognise 3 important factors to consider when moving and handling pigs
- Identify 3 personal safety elements a stock person should consider when handling pigs
- Understand the basics of contract requirements on your unit
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212