Service and dry sow management - Winchester
The Stockperson Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- List 3 factors contributing to sow stress at weaning and ways to reduce the impact
- Explain the key factors in returning a sow to heat post-weaning
- List 5 signs of oestrus
- Explain the correct AI procedure
- Define the term parity profile and design ideal parity profile within a breeding herd
- Understand the importance of performance targets and how these can be set
To register, complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.