Service and dry sow management - Gainsborough
Stockperson Plus is the next step on from the Stockperson Development Scheme and aims to continue knowledge acquisition and the technical development of pig unit staff. It is a programme of problem-solving workshops, led by technical experts, designed to build on existing pig husbandry knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, recapping on pig production covered in the Stockperson Development Scheme and uses problem-solving exercises which are applied to ‘virtual’ farm scenarios, to develop the individual further.
The course is suitable for stock people who have significant previous experience or have completed the Stockperson Development Scheme. They may want to progress to become a supervisor/manager.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Identify 5 key performance indicators for the breeding herd
- Develop performance targets for breeding herd
- List 3 factors contributing to non-productive days
- Identify the physiological aspects of seasonal infertility
- Explain the importance of oestrus mapping for correctly timing service
- Create an action plan to solve performance issues on farm
To register, complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212