Gilt management - Winchester
The Stockperson Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- List three key considerations when selecting gilts at birth
- Describe gilt feeding options and state the importance of feeding a specialised diet
- Identify three areas which should be monitored during gilt development
- List four factors influencing gilt performance from rearing to selection
- Identify different systems for bringing in replacement gilts
To register for this session please complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.