Gilt management - Gainsborough
Stockperson Plus is the next step on from the Stockperson Development Scheme and aims to continue knowledge acquisition and the technical development of pig unit staff. It is a programme of problem-solving workshops, led by technical experts, designed to build on existing pig husbandry knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, recapping on pig production covered in the Stockperson Development Scheme and uses problem-solving exercises which are applied to ‘virtual’ farm scenarios, to develop the individual further.
The course is suitable for stock people who have significant previous experience or have completed the Stockperson Development Scheme. They may want to progress to become a supervisor/manager.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Identify 5 key aspects in selecting gilts at birth
- Explain the importance of a specialised gilt ration
- Identify 3 key measurables to monitor during gilt development, selection to service
- Evaluate own farm performance figures and list where improvements could be made
- Explain the importance of gilt reproductive development in their future performance
- Create an action plan to solve performance issues on farm
To register, complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212