Friday, 22 July 2022
A series of practical on-farm meetings across the country will help farmers learn why good rumen development is key to weaning transition and how to make it successful on their farm.
Since cows spend half their time ruminating, developing a calf’s rumen is critical if you want them to utilize energy effectively in their adult life.
The meetings will feature experts in calf rearing who will explain how to get weaning right and secure your calf’s growth, health and welfare, and reduce stress during this critical period.
At the event you’ll learn about:
- The practicalities of weaning, including how to create an optimal weaning programme for your farm
- Nutritional and environmental management around weaning
- The impact of weaning stresses and how to avoid them
- Measuring and monitoring weaning performance on farm
If you’re involved with calf rearing and want to give them best start in life, book your place today.
Meeting dates and locations
- 16 August - Johnstonebridge, Dumfries & Galloway
- 16 August - Alresford, Hampshire
- 24 August - Telford, Shropshire
- 12 September - Northallerton, North Yorkshire
- 13 September - North Petherton, Somerset
- 19 September - Worcester, Worcestershire
- 20 September - Kendal, Cumbria
- 22 September - Tamworth, Staffordshire
- 26 September - Whitminster, Gloucestershire
- 4 October - Cullompton, Devon
- 11 October - Middlewhich, Cheshire
- 12 October - Ruthin, Denbighshire
- 13 October - Truro, Cornwall
- 18 October - Llandissilio, Pembrokeshire
- 19 October - Aberaeron, Ceredigion
- 19 October - Preston, Lancashire
- 26 October - Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway
- 2 November - South Croxton, Leicestershire
Watch our recent webinar about rumen development with Ginny Sherwin, Clinical Assistant Professor in Farm Animal Medicine at the University of Nottingham