Weaner management - York
The Stockperson Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Identify 3 piglet requirements at weaning
- Describe process for preparing weaner accommodation
- Explain the changes to diet at weaning and important factors to consider
- List 2 causes of stress at weaning and how these can be reduced
- Explain the performance targets for weaner department and understand how to set objectives
- Identify 3 factors affecting weaned pig growth
To register, complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212