Talking Sheep 2019 - Cumbria
Join AHDB Beef & Lamb at ‘Talking Sheep 2019’. A one day technical sheep event kindly hosted by Newton Rigg College and in collaboration with industry partners.
The day will be interactive and will cover a range of sheep related topics. There will plenty of opportunity to ask questions and relate the talks to your farming business. Topics discussed will include:
- Ensuring a sustainable and profitable business – Nicola Renison, AHDB Beef & Lamb, Trevor Dobson, Bankwood, Appleby and Luke Crossman, AHDB.
- Grassland and soil management – Liz Genever, Independent consultant & William Fleming, Germinal
- Lamb management – lamb worm control by Charlie Bradshaw from Paragon Veterinary Group
- Lamb selection at slaughter – how to optimise income by James Hadwin, Agricultural consultant
- Ewe & lamb health – using vaccines effectively by MSD Animal Health.
- Flock replacement policy – research from ‘Challenge Sheep’ project looking at ewe longevity and flock productivity with Hayley King from AHDB Beef & Lamb
To book your place please email KE.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01904 771218 and let us know of any special dietary requirements.