Monitor Farm Monday: Rotation planning - profitable and sustainable?
Join us for the latest webinar in our Monitor Farm Mondays series, where we will be discussing rotation planning.
Speakers: Richard Ling (Diss Monitor Farm) and Marion Self (Agronomist, PrimeAg)
Host: Teresa Meadows
Rotation planning is becoming increasingly difficult for some. With multiple factors to consider such as profitability versus sustainability, the value in using break crops, incorporating IPM and environmental features, and managing risk, it is a tough balancing act.
For this webinar, Richard Ling from Diss Monitor Farm will be joined by Marion Self to discuss the following aspects of rotation planning:
- The use of net margins and costs to influence rotation planning
- Break crops, spring cropping and available markets
- The influence of black-grass, soil type, soil health and carbon on rotation planning
- Rotation choice and the subsequent impacts on staff, machinery and accessing future policy options
- Attitude to risk and the art of being flexible
This webinar will last approximately one hour followed by a Q&A session and is free to attend, but please register using the 'Book Now' button. Following registration, you will receive a link to join the webinar so you can either watch live or catch up at a later date. BASIS and NRoSO points will be available for attending this webinar.
Monitor Farm Mondays
This webinar is part of our Monitor Farm Mondays winter webinar series. To find out more, please visit ahdb.org.uk/MFMondays
Recordings of previous AHDB Cereals & Oilseeds webinars can be found at ahdb.org.uk/cerealswebinars
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.