Farrowing management - Stowmarket
The Stockperson Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Identify five key tasks in preparing the farrowing house/pen
- Identify the signs of farrowing and when intervention is necessary
- List three key aspects of managing gilts in the farrowing house
- List three important factors in piglet survival
- Understand the importance of the sow diet during lactation
To register for this session please complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
T: 01904 771212
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212