Farrowing management - Gainsborough
Date to be confirmed
Stockperson Plus is the next step on from the Stockperson Development Scheme and aims to continue knowledge acquisition and the technical development of pig unit staff. It is a programme of problem-solving workshops, led by technical experts, designed to build on existing pig husbandry knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, recapping on pig production covered in the Stockperson Development Scheme and uses problem-solving exercises which are applied to ‘virtual’ farm scenarios, to develop the individual further.
The course is suitable for stock people who have significant previous experience or have completed the Stockperson Development Scheme. They may want to progress to become a supervisor/manager.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Develop targets for the farrowing department
- Review performance figures and create an action plan to solve performance issues on farm
- List 3 key legal considerations for farrowing house operations
- Explain the key considerations when feeding for lactation
- Explain the current weaning practices for the industry and how it impacts the sow and piglets
To register, complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212