Farrowing management - Exeter
The Stockperson Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge.
Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
Course participants will receive a certificate of attendance from AHDB Pork.
To be able to:
- Develop targets for the farrowing department
- Review performance figures and create an action plan to solve performance issues on farm
- List 3 key legal considerations for farrowing house operations
- Explain the key considerations when feeding for lactation
- Explain the current weaning practices for the industry and how it impacts the sow and piglets
To register, complete training application form and send to Naiya Khatri
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212