Our AgriLeader programme challenges individuals from leading farms and businesses to develop the skills they need to drive their business forward. Find out how you can get involved and take your business to the next level.
We believe that for the UK agricultural and horticultural sectors to maintain sustained excellence and keep progressing, farmers and growers need to be supported, stimulated and challenged. We want to help those who are already leading by example to be the best leaders they can be.
What is the AgriLeader programme?
AgriLeader is an expansion of our highly successful DairyLeader programme which we are now rolling out across all the sectors that AHDB covers. It is designed to inspire and challenge your thinking on business-related topics.
The AgriLeader programme provides a platform where like-minded farmers and growers can meet, exchange ideas and learn from consultants. The programme focuses on leadership, growth and resilience across three key areas:
- Leading yourself – developing a growth mindset and becoming more resilient
- Leading your team – inspiring your team to have a shared vision and purpose
- Leading your business – creating opportunities and questioning assumptions
What can you expect from AgriLeader?
AgriLeader is already having an impact with business leaders.
The programme is broad in scope, and includes:
- AgriLeader Forum – a national conference scheduled for w/c 8 February 2021
- Online events, such as ‘Leading Motivated Teams’
- Business stimulation from national industry figureheads
- Help developing practical leadership and management skills
- AgriLeader Facebook group where we share management tips and provide a space for members to test run their business vision and mission
What do we need from you?
We need your input to make the AgriLeader programme successful.
As much as you can commit to, but we suggest a minimum of one hour a week. The more you invest, the more you will gain in return.
Regular open and honest feedback, as well as suggestions of topics you’d like us to address.
- To actively participate in the wide offer of AgriLeader
- To help build the AgriLeader community
- To suggest and introduce new like-minded AgriLeaders
- To inspire the next generation of AgriLeaders
Leading motivated teams
Business success stems from hard work, drive, ambition and great people. A key factor in the success of a business is its leadership, and evidence shows that great leadership produces committed and resilient teams.
During autumn 2020, we ran a series of workshops to help you develop your skills as a leader and enhance your ability to develop a stronger, motivated team within your business. If this is something you are interested in, get in touch.
Staying ahead of the curve
These online events provide an opportunity to hear from international speakers as we host panel debates.
Bringing you tips and insight to support your thinking and strategic understanding of:
- Tactically important topics
- Future challenges
- Global markets
The Leader is a bimonthly newsletter for the AgriLeader community.
We collate a wealth of podcasts, videos and reading materials to inspire and challenge your thinking on business and leadership.
If you would like to receive The Leader, get in touch.
We know how important it is to be inspired by both big businesses and individuals, which is why we are excited to present Talking Leaders, a bimonthly initiative which will see a series of inspirational speakers share their life experiences and deliver impactful stories to the AgriLeader community.
Our Bitesize videos can help you develop your leadership and management skills.
We know you are busy, so each video is short and snappy and comes with some helpful notes that you can refer to later.
The videos include theories, tools and exercises on topics such as self-awareness, motivating teams, communication skills, building resilience, forming habits and many more.
Get involved with AgriLeader
If you would like to be kept in the loop about future AgriLeader activity and events, or perhaps just want to find out more about it, get in touch.