Friday, 30 July 2021
By Rebecca Wright
We have just published our latest outlook for the UK sheep meat market, where we explore our forecasts for slaughter, consumption and trade for 2021.
This forms part of our wider Agri-market outlook, which includes short and long-term outlooks for the other farming sectors that AHDB covers as well as farm inputs.
Key points from the latest sheep outlook include:
- 7% decline in sheep meat production expected this year
- Lamb crop expected to be similar to last year but with a different kill pattern
- Some doubts over reported ewe slaughter figures
- Imports to continue to decline but remain vital for balancing UK market
- Export volumes limited in the short term, through production and trade friction
- Optimistic price outlook for farmers in the short term
Sign up for regular updates
You can subscribe to receive Beef and Lamb market news straight to your inbox. Simply fill in your contact details on our online form.
While AHDB seeks to ensure that the information contained on this webpage is accurate at the time of publication, no warranty is given in respect of the information and data provided. You are responsible for how you use the information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, AHDB accepts no liability for loss, damage or injury howsoever caused or suffered (including that caused by negligence) directly or indirectly in relation to the information or data provided in this publication.