Webinar: RamCompare project ‒ 2020 results
Join AHDB and Samuel Boon, Animal Breeding Senior Manager (Signet) and Bridget Lloyd, RamCompare Project Coordinator for a webinar to reveal the latest RamCompare project results.
RamCompare is the UK’s commercial progeny test for terminal sire rams. The aim of the RamCompare project is to provide information to pedigree and commercial producers that enables them to realise the genetic potential of performance-recorded terminal sire rams.
Results are showing us how well current Estimated Breeding Values (EBV’s) enhance the performance of traits of economic importance and the value of using high genetic merit rams in commercial flocks.
Join this webinar if you want to improve your commercial lamb enterprise and are interested in:
- Reduced days to slaughter
- Increasing carcase weight
- Increasing the number of lambs hitting market specification
The webinar will:
- Explain how the EBV’s currently available to ram buyers can influence the carcase attributes of their progeny
- Demonstrate the financial value of genetic improvement through a series of case studies
- Launch the latest RamCompare results, which lists the leading sires for each trait
- Show ram buyers how they can select and source recorded rams