Water management for potatoes workshop: Norfolk
This workshop is being run as part of Agri-Tech Week and hosted by AHDB. The workshop is looking at effective use of irrigation and best practice for soil and water management for farmers and growers in East Anglia.
This aims are:
- Enhance best practice and use of irrigation in East Anglia
- Encourage debate and discussion about efficient water use and ways of improvement for businesses
- Showcase the latest tools and technology in agri-tech in this area
- Discuss soil and water management in its wider context
- Registration and coffee
- Welcome and introductions - David Wilson, AHDB and Agri-Tech East
- The importance of irrigation: a growers perspective
- The principles of irrigation
- Refreshment break
- Irrigation in practice at SPot Farm North - Will Gagg, Farm Manager, RJ and AE Godfrey
- Irrigation set-up in practice - group discussion
- Irrigation and environmental considerations - Ed Bramham-Jones, Norfolk Rivers Trust
- Close - David Wilson, AHDB
Information is also available on the Agri-Tech East website.
*programme is provisional
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.