North Yorkshire Strategic Farm: Project successes, future plans and farewells
Guy Prudom farms alongside his parents near Whitby, North Yorkshire. The 400ha tenanted farm is home to a herd of 250 spring calving suckler cows plus a sizable arable operation.
Guy has been an AHDB Strategic Farm for the past four years and during that time he has made a number of changes to his suckler beef system including implementing rotational grazing and focusing on improving herd health.
Alongside these changes, Guy has also increased his herd size, from 190 cows to calving to 250 this year. Guy has managed to do this whilst increasing his weaning % and reducing the calving period which is no mean feat.
This final event will provide an opportunity to find out more about the changes Guy has made, the results this has had on his business and the challenges he has faced along the way.
Topics will include:
- Making more from grass: how changes in grazing management have improved performance
- Changes to herd health and performance, key improvements and lessons learned
- How improved technical performance has filtered through to Farmbench figures and financial performance
Guy will also discuss what is next at Northfields Farm and how he plans to take the business forward as we venture into a period of change for the industry.
Assisting Guy, there will also be a great line up of speakers at the event including:
- Fraser Hugill, farmer and environmental consultant
- Ian Cairns of 5Agri, who has provided Guy with consultancy throughout the programme
- Andrew Barber of Clevedale Veterinary Practice, who is Guy’s vet
Don’t miss the final event and book your free tickets now. We look forward to seeing you there!
You can register for your free place by booking online, emailing KE.firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01904 771218. Attendees must be over 16 years of age and suitable footwear must be worn.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771218