Mastitis – Predict, React & Optimise: Aberdeenshire
Prevention is always better than cure when dealing with mastitis. Launching at Dairy Tech, QuarterPRO is a new initiative that aims to help you achieve continuous improvement in mastitis control and udder health on farm leading to more saleable milk, higher milk quality, improved cow welfare and less antibiotic use.
Join us at one of our practical workshops to help you with your current mastitis pattern and learn what resources are available to help you consider what management changes to make. Please allow access to your milk recording organisation data or bring your CDL file on the day.
At the practical workshop, you will learn:
- Why we look at NEW cases of clinical mastitis and NEW cell count infections to understand mastitis patterns on your farm
- How this can be done quickly and easily – a new decision support tool – the mastitis pattern analysis tool that you can use with your vet and advisor
- To identify key management areas to be addressed and react by deciding on management changes
- About the available AHDB pattern specific resources
- To review on a quarterly basis to monitor progress and changes in udder health patterns.
The workshop will run from 10.30am to 2.30pm and is aimed at farmers and staff involved with mastitis control and prevention. Places strictly limited to a maximum of 20 attendees.
To book your place, please contact the KE Events hub on 01904 771216 or email email@example.com
Please note, to get the most from the workshop, you need to milk record (including Individual Cow Somatic Cell Counts) at least four times a year and recording clinical cases of mastitis reliably in electronic format, preferably reporting these to your milk recording organisation.
Lunch and refreshments are included. The cost of attending this meeting is funded via your levy.
Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
James Breen - University of Nottingham