Stockman Development Scheme East
The Stockman Development Scheme is a combination of pig production workshops, covering each stage of production from service to slaughter, delivered by technical experts. Focusing on basic knowledge and everyday tasks, it is suitable for individuals who are new to the industry or wish to refresh their knowledge. Sessions are interactive, and encourage input from all participants, enabling the sharing of knowledge and practices.
- To be able to identify five key tasks in preparing the farrowing house/pen
- To be able to identify the signs of farrowing and when intervention is necessary
- To be able to list three key aspects of managing gilts in the farrowing house
- Able to list three important factors in piglet survival
- Able to explain/determine the importance of correct diet and environment for the sow and her piglets in the farrowing house/pen
To book your place contact email@example.com Tel: 01904 771 212
The full-course cost to levy payers is £210+VAT, which includes all workshops, lunch at each session and course folders. Workshops can be attended on an ad hoc basis at a cost of £35+VAT per session. The full-course cost is £700; however, all courses and sessions are 70 per cent-subsidised by AHDB Pork.
Please note, payment is needed 14 days prior to the course/sessions starting. Download a booking form here