Shape the future
Results are now in!
We are pleased to be able to bring you the results of Shape the Future and would, once again, like to thank everyone who took part.
Here are the top-line results, by sector:
For the first time, thousands of levy payers have had a say on what work we should do on their behalf and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. This is the first step in delivering our promise to put levy payers at the heart of everything we do.
Key vote outcomes
- 42% of registered levy payers have had their say on the priorities for the sector and the importance of the work we should do to support these (total of 4,478 levy payers out of 10,537 registered)
- Average scores range between 2.3 out of 5 and 4.8 out of 5 (where 5 is the most important) with only 3 average scores across 70 questions scoring below 3
- Similar scores across weighted (reflecting size of business) and unweighted (one levy payer, one vote) results with some small exceptions in the pork results
- All sector council members (new members and those in their second term) are ratified by receiving over 50% of the votes
Throughout June, sector council members will meet to make funding decisions for the next five years of work we deliver for levy payers, based on the feedback from the vote.
The conversation doesn’t end there though. There’ll be an open meeting in the autumn, and we’d still love to hear any levy payer feedback.
So, please contact our Knowledge Exchange colleagues, senior team members, board or sector councils with your thoughts – see below for contact details:
Sector councils (including new members):
- Beef & Lamb Sector Council
- Cereals & Oilseeds Sector Council
- Dairy Sector Council
- Pork Sector Council
Read Will Jackson's blog on how sector councils give levy payers a greater voice (3 May 2022)
Shape the Future questions explained
What do I get for my levy?
Find out more about how your levy is invested and how it makes a difference to your business and the industry.
In addition to our cross-sector projects, we also focus on a large number of sector-specific priorities. Learn more about the work we do for your business by following the links below.