Dairy breeding and genetics updates
Find out what's new for dairy breeding and genetics.
- Genomic proof releases twice a month, increased from once a month.
- Genomic fees implemented, for more information please see the terms and conditions.
- Genetic workshops were hosted between August and November. The workbook used in these workshops is now available online.
- Third-party webinar hosted to help farmers to make the most of their dairy herd's genetics.
- Ayrshire and red reports have been simplified, separating Pure Ayrshire reports from combined lists. In combined lists, a filterable "purity" flag has been added to distinguish between bulls. Please see reports for the criteria required for a bull to be considered "pure".
- Genomic Inbreeding is now live! Find out more here.
- Guernsey genomic female results are now published. Including females in the reference population has resulted in significant enhancements to the genomic prediction for the Guernsey breed and improved the reliability in male and females evaluations.
- Top Guernsey Genomic £PLI Heifers are now published. Adding to the Top Genomic £PLI Heifer lists that are already available for Holstein, Friesian, Jersey, and Ayrshire breeds.
- Top Holstein Genomic Heifer Herds are now published. The top 25 herds that genotype at least 75% of their youngstock will appear on this list ranked by average £PLI calculated from the genomic heifers' evaluations.
- Conversion files are available for direct download. These convert country-of-origin proofs to the UK base (£PLI/£SCI/£ACI) if no UK evaluation is currently available. HOL⇔FRI conversion files are also available. Relevant conversion are found on each breed-specific £PLI page, e.g. Holstein.