How to keep your business on its feet - Lancashire
Join us to delve deeper into the true impact of lameness and gets some good practical advice from Owen Atkinson of Dairy Veterinary Consultancy Ltd.
Learn how implementing AHDB's Healthy Feet programme through regular mobility scoring, treating lame cows early, identifying and culling chronic cases and significant improvements to tracks can drastically cut lame cow numbers.
Reducing lameness improves cow health and welfare, enhances performance and reduce costs as each case costs £330 on average and after fertility, is the second biggest reason for culling cows.
Topics that will be covered:
- Looking at foot conditions, lesions, what causes them and how best to treat them
- Reducing lameness at herd level
- Four success factors for low lameness
- Foot baths: planning your foot bath and getting the best from it
- Latest research finds on the most effective treatment methods
The cost of attending this event is covered through your levy and sponsorship from Bimeda UK.
To book your FREE place contact the AHDB KE Events Hub on 01904 771216 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Lanes Vets01995 602468
Lunch provided so booking essential.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details