HerdAdvance aims to help Welsh dairy farmers lift herd profitability and performance by improving disease prevention and control.
Farmers can apply to receive financial and technical support through the HerdAdvance project to improve their herd health management and disease control.
How will it benefit farmers?
- Free herd health plan review
- Free biosecurity plan review
- Free animal health action plan
- Financial and technical assistance to tackle a range of animal health issues
- Semen vouchers available for breeding decisions, based on Herd Genetic Reports
- Genomic testing
- Greater on-farm efficiency and profitability
- Preventing production losses
- Reducing antibiotic usage.
How will it work?
- Initial collection of farm baseline
- Consultation with your vet and AHDB Animal Health Knowledge Exchange Manager to review and update your current Animal Health Plan
- Evaluate/establish Farm Biosecurity Plan
- Create Action Plan, including measureable targets
- Commitment to supplying regular data to monitor progress.
- You are eligible if you are registered with the Welsh Government and have been issued with a Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- You can only partake in the project once per farm business (CRN)
- This project is open to dairy farms in Wales
- Farms with land outside Wales can participate in the project if the majority of their land is in Wales.
30th November Deadline
- An Expression of Interest window is open between 30th October and 30th November 2018, please complete and return the Expression of Interest form to apply.