Webinar: Optimising fodder beet in livestock systems
Join AHDB and Dr Jim Gibbs, fodder beet grazing specialist from Lincoln University, for a webinar on how you can optimise fodder beet within your livestock farm.
This webinar is ideal for farmers considering grazing fodder beet and those interested in developing their skills in grazing fodder beet for optimum performance.
Dr Jim Gibbs has done extensive work over the last ten years optimising the utilisation of fodder beet in beef, sheep and dairy systems.
Success relies on a planned transition from grass to beet and back to grass. Optimum economic performance and stock health depend on levels and availability of supplementary forage.
The webinar will cover:
• History of Fodder beet in NZ – 70,000ha in ten years
• Why Fodder beet pays well for farmers in beef, sheep and dairy enterprises
• Top tips for variety choice, establishment and crop management
• How to transition to Fodder beet successfully
• Planning strategies to optimise animal performance on fodder beet
The webinar will last approximately 35 minutes, with time for questions at the end.
Register for the webinar here