Managing slurry – benefit or burden? Barnstaple
Are you making the most of by-products such as muck, slurry and dirty water on your farm? Muck alone is worth £11/tonne and a cubic metre of slurry has a value of £4.00 in NPK.
Join AHDB’s technical manager David Ball, Catchment Sensitive Farming and Devon Wildlife Trust to learn about manure management, regulation compliance and optimising organic manures, including:
- How best to store and use muck and slurry to release their true value
- Using AHDB’s Slurry Wizard to calculate volumes produced and storage capacity
- Compliance with regulations and NVZ record keeping
- Techniques for cost-effective applications within a nutrient management plan
- Update on Upstream Thinking Project, current support, advice and grants available.
Venue: Arlington Court Education Room, Arlington, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 4LP (courtesy of the National Trust, followed by a farm visit to:) Riddle Farm, Loxhore, Barnstaple EX31 4SS by kind invitation of Glynn & Amy Gordon
To find out more about the event please contact Kate Harris on 07929 203703 or to book a place please call 01904 771216 or email email@example.com
This event is free to attend. Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
To assist with biosecurity and conform to government guidelines, please ensure vehicles are clean and that clean boots that can be disinfected are worn.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.