In-field flowering strips ‘How to’ workshop - advanced session
Our Strategic Cereal Farms are looking at the effect that in-field flowering strips might have – on both numbers of pests and beneficials, and on the crop itself.
Reflecting on the information gathered from these Strategic Farm trials, this interactive workshop session will aim to help anyone looking to understand the equipment, knowledge and resources available to monitor and manage the impact of in-field flowering strips.
Guidance and interpretation of the results will be provided by Strategic Farm trial leads, Aoife O’Driscoll (NIAB), Mark Ramsden (ADAS) and Lorna Cole (SRUC).
Patrick Barker from EJ Barker & Sons will also be providing a grower’s insight of his experiences in monitoring and managing the in-field flowering strips at the Strategic Farm East.
How to use pitfall and slug bait trapping
- Where to install traps in a field
- How to use the traps
- When and what to count
- Using the information: comparing trap location data, understanding the differences & acting on the results
How to review your farm’s landscape when planning in-field flowering strip locations
- Identifying where floral resources are already available on your farm
- Where to spread resources across your farm
- What plants to select to be beneficial
- How to manage a in-field flowering strip once it is established
- Making a plan for your business and understanding the timeframe to expect impactful changes
BASIS and NRoSO points are available for attending/watching this webinar.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 07717 493015