Duxford Monitor Farm Summer Meeting
The Duxford Monitor Farm summer meeting looks at topics from the winter Monitor Farm programme, explored at Tom Mead’s farm with experience shared by David Hurst.
The meeting is an opportunity to discuss the cropping in the ground (including oats, sugar beet, spring barley and winter beans) along with the winter wheat YEN (Yield Enhancement Network) plot.
- 09:30: Registration with refreshments
- 10:00: Welcome and review of the winter meetings Teresa Meadows, AHDB
- 10:15: Update on the farm business Tom Mead and David Hurst, Duxford Monitor Farmers
- 10:30: Farm Walk, to include:
- Countryside Stewardship options on the farm – which option, where to place them, margins and return, Law Farming experience
- YEN plot and nutrition try-out
- Managed lower inputs and Strategic Farm discussion with Brian Barker, Strategic Farm East host farmer
- Cropping: oats, sugar beet, spring barley (drilled November and January), winter beans
- Soils: management of chalky soils
- Seed rates, plant counts, tiller counts and ear counts discussion
- 11:45 Group Discussion – Countryside Stewardship options planning Paul Hill, AHDB and group
- 12:25 Winter meeting programme Teresa Meadows, AHDB
- 12:30 Lunch
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.