Breeding - Shape your future: Cheshire
Taking control of your breeding decisions is vitally important if you want to take full advantage of your farming system and milk contract.
Join us at one of our practical workshops to help you evaluate the current status of your herd and shape its future by selecting the right sires to meet your breeding goals.
At the practical workshop, you will learn:
- How a Herd Genetic Report can help you identify positive and negative traits
- About the tools to help you make breeding decisions
- Top tips for pre sire selection and how to review herd performance post calving
- Hear about the approaches other farmers have taken
- About the benefits of involving the farm team in making breeding decisions.
- To have confidence in your medium and long-term breeding goals
The workshop strictly limited to a maximum of 25 attendees running from 10.30am to 2pm. Aimed at farmers and their staff who are involved with breeding decisions for the herd.
Workshop presenter: Chris Bailey, Craven Farm Vets
AHDB KEM: James Hague
Lunch and refreshments are included. The cost of attending this meeting is funded via your levy. Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
To find out more or book a place, please contact the KE Events hub on 01904 771216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.