Profitable Lifetime Index £PLI
£PLI is a within breed genetic index for UK dairy farmers with all year round calving herds.
The index is an initial screening tool to identify bulls that meet a specific criteria.
Use our Herd Genetic Report to identify traits to improve in your herd through breeding.
£PLI value represents the additional profit a high £PLI bull is expected to return from each of its milking daughters over her lifetime compared to an average bull of £0 PLI.
If you want to compare across breeds please contact the breed evaluation team for a conversion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose £PLI?
- Promotes yield and maintains milk quality
- Increases emphasis on fertility
- Improves functional type - feet & legs and mammary
- Increases emphasis on longevity
- Reduces maintainance costs
- Improves udder health
- Improves calving performance
Relative weighting of traits within £PLI
Four simple steps when selecting the right bulls for your breeding programme:
- Select £PLI bulls with a higher value than your best cow
- Select fitness traits to maintain your strengths and address herd weaknesses (Fertility, Lifespan etc)
- Match type to suit your herd
- Selected calving ease for maiden heifers