Friday, 30 July 2021
By Kat Jack
We have just published our latest outlook for the UK dairy market. With the pandemic situation improving, but still ongoing, we take a look at what the rest of 2021 will bring for dairy markets, production and trade.
Key points from the outlook:
- Domestic milk production is expected to grow slightly for both 2021 and the 2021/22 season, driven by the strong spring flush.
- The domestic demand balance between retail and foodservice is expected to gradually shift in the direction of pre-pandemic levels, but retail demand will remain elevated this year.
- Global markets might face some downward pressure, due to growing supplies from key exporters and a potential softening of China’s strong demand.
- UK trade has been improving since the initial shock of exiting the EU, but continues to be challenged by Rules of Origin and logistical issues.
- As UK import demand returns, this could add downwards pressure to domestic prices.
Follow the links below to read the full story:
Sign up for regular updates
You can subscribe to receive Dairy market news straight to your inbox. Simply fill in your contact details on our online form and select the information you wish to receive.
While AHDB seeks to ensure that the information contained on this webpage is accurate at the time of publication, no warranty is given in respect of the information and data provided. You are responsible for how you use the information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, AHDB accepts no liability for loss, damage or injury howsoever caused or suffered (including that caused by negligence) directly or indirectly in relation to the information or data provided in this publication.