Post-weaning heifer management: Devon
You are invited to the next meeting of the Devon Women in Dairy Group
- Topic: Post-weaning heifer management – achieving target growth rates and reducing losses.
- Speaker: Dr Karen Wonnacott, Ruminant Nutritionist at Crediton Milling Co.
*On average it takes 1.5 lactations for a heifer to start paying you back*
Whilst a great deal of emphasis is placed on the first few weeks of a heifer’s life, her management post weaning and right through to calving can have a significant impact on her lifetime performance and cost to your business.
- Are your heifers achieving target weight at bulling and calving?
- What is your heifer mortality rate (on average 14% fail to reach 1st lactation)
- How many heifers never earn you any money?
Join AHDB Dairy and Dr Karen Wonnacott to discuss how important it is to maintain growth in heifers post weaning and consider the correct nutrition in those early years.
Venue: By kind permission of the Wastenage Family, Wastenage Farms Ltd., Tidwell Barton, Budleigh Salterton, Devon EX9 7AG.
Lunch & drinks will be provided – please book your place.
Clean boots only on the day please!
For further information or to book a place please contact:
Kate Harris AHDB Dairy T: 07929 203703 E: email@example.com
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.