Managing slurry – benefit or burden? Devon
Want to make the best use of slurry, comply with regulations and what advice, support and grants are available?
Join us for this meeting with Upstream Thinking and Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF) to understand how collecting and storing slurry in the winter months can be worth £4.00/cubic metre in NPK alone and deliver significant savings on bought in fertilisers. Find out about:
- How to calculate volumes produced and storage capacity required using AHDB’s Slurry Wizard
- About realising the value of slurry to your business
- Timings, methods and rates of application for silage and grazing land (within & outside an NVZ)
- What could new ammonia emissions mean for farmers?
- Advice, projects and possible funding in your area from UST and CSF
Venue: Washfield Memorial Hall, Washfield, Tiverton EX16 9QZ followed by a visit toHatherland Farm, Washfield EX16 9RF by Kind permission of the Elston Family
To find out more please contact Kate Harris on 07929 203703 or Simon Berry on 07989 662767.
To book a place, call 01904 771216 or email email@example.com
Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes. The cost is covered through your levy. To assist with biosecurity and conform to government guidelines, please ensure vehicles are clean and that clean boots that can be disinfected are worn.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.