Herbal leys panel discussion 3: Considerations beyond the price tag
AHDB is supporting a panel discussion from the British Grassland Society on the environmental and financial aspects to consider when using herbal leys. The panel will include:
- Becky Willson, Project Manager at the Farm Carbon Toolkit
- Robert Richmond, dairy farmer and Nuffield Scholar
- Dr Paul Newell Price, Principal Soil Scientist at ADAS
- Dr Hannah Jones, Senior Research Fellow at Duchy College
Join our panel to hear about these considerations from both a research and practical farming experience. There will be a series of short presentations followed by a panel discussion.
Topics will include:
- Animal performance
- Soil health
- Soil carbon sequestration
- Fertiliser input
If you can’t make it on the night, please still register, as it will be recorded and sent to you afterwards to watch in your own time.
Panel discussions in this series:
- Herbal leys: delivering livestock performance and environmental improvements
- Herbal leys: Establishment – looking forward to 2021
- 2 Mar - Herbal leys: Feeding and grazing management
Details of the final session in March will follow in due course.