EU Exit & Red Meat Trade - the reality three months on
Last November, AHDB hosted the webinar 'EU Exit & Red Meat Trade: A view from Europe' where we learned how Brexit was affecting the European red meat industry, and what our key European competitors were doing to prepare.
Three months after the end of the transition period, we will host this follow-up webinar to assess the state of play of the EU-UK trade relationship, with a particular focus on how the EU-UK trade deal has impacted red meat traders on both sides of the Channel and in the island of Ireland.
We will be joined by speakers representing the meat industry in Great Britain, the island of Ireland and continental Europe to have a broad discussion on what the recent developments have meant for them and how they see the future of their business in this new context.
It will be an opportunity to:
- Understand the initial assessment of the deal by meat sector representatives from both sides of the Channel and across the Irish Sea
- Get an overview of how meat traders are coping three months after its provisional application
- Discuss any outstanding issues the industry feels have not yet been covered
- Ian Stevenson, Chief Executive, The Livestock and Meat Commission for Northern Ireland
- Rizvan Khalid, Managing Director, Euro Quality Lambs
- Knud Buhl, Director, Danish Bacon & Meat Council
- Cormac Healy, Senior Director, Meat Industry Ireland
- Tania Gesto-Casas, Policy Manager, AHDB
In addtition to this webinar AHDB is running a series of EU Exit focused webinars during March looking at the challenges and what we need to do as an industry to move forward in this new operating environment. For additional information, please click on the links below:
- 8 March: EU Exit: Short term impacts, long term opportunities?
- 9 March: EU Exit: impacts on the ornamentals industry, trade agreements, plant movement and plant passporting
- 16 March:EU Exit: impacts on the ornamentals industry, sourcing and retaining labour