Milk Your Moments dairy campaign - farmer support
Guidance for dairy farmers to help make our new £1m Milk Your Moments marketing campaign a success.
The campaign celebrates and inspires moments of connection that bring people together whilst physically apart due to coronavirus, and highlights the key role dairy plays in those situations.
Creating and sharing ‘Moments’ set on your farm will help the campaign to be seen by more people. connect them with dairy farming and enhance our reputation.
How farmers can make the campaign a success
1. Share campaign graphics via your own social media accounts
Choose from a seleciton of Milk Your Moments images to share via Twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts – remember to use #MilkYourMoments and tag Mind.
2. Create and share your own moment on social media
Create your own moment to share using the farm, the cows or the countryside as your inspiration – visit the Milk Your Moments website for inspiration.
Share it on social media and encourage others to share your post, with wording such as:
‘If my post makes you smile, please LIKE and SHARE it to spread joy throughout the nation and get involved with #MilkYourMoments @MindCharity’
Nominate other farmers on social media to create their own moment to help support the campaign.
3. Display a campaign poster
If you have areas visited by consumers such as vending machines or a farm shop, print off our poster to help promote the campaign.
Top tips to capture your moment
- ‘Moments’ set on your farm will help connect consumers with dairy farming
- Consider your content through a consumers’ eyes – do your cows look healthy and clean? Is the background clean and tidy? Do the cows have two ear tags? Think about your appearance too
- Remember – the public don’t know that many farmers live and work with extended family so will be expecting you to follow Government guidance on 2 metre social distancing
- This is not a milk drinking challenge – the aim is to capture you connecting with other people (in person, virtually or remotely) since this is at the heart of the campaign. Please bear this in mind when creating your moment
- Be sensitive to the link with a mental health charity in your posts
Inspiration for creating your moment
We want to see how creative you can be, but here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat over the farm boundary with a neighbouring farmer
- Sharing a flask of tea/coffee and cream cake with your farming family whilst checking the cows in the field
- Treat the farm team to tea and cakes (at 2m social distance)
- Drop off a bottle of milk to a neighbour and leave a note to organise a virtual cuppa
- Making a short Tik Tok video with the cows in the background
Example posts on social media
Star in the TV advert
The very best moments shared using the hashtag #MilkYourMoments will be featured in the TV advert in June.
We would love some farmer moments to make the cut – so get creative!
Social media guidance and questions
Please email email@example.com if you would like a copy of our guidance about social media or any other questions about the campaign.