Brigg Monitor Farm
|Farm sectors:||Cereals & Oilseeds|
About Brigg Monitor Farm
- Gander Farms has been a monitor farm since June 2017
- Total farm area: 615 ha combinable crops and 32 ha permanent pasture.
- Arable rotation is normally peas or oilseed rape, followed by either spring wheat or maize
Colin Chappell farms with his family at Gander Farm near Brigg, Lincolnshire. The lowland mixed arable and beef unit has 615 ha combinable crops and 32 ha permanent pasture. Colin’s arable rotation is normally peas or oilseed rape, followed by two wheats. He recently replaced his second wheats either with spring wheat due to black-grass pressure, or maize on lighter land for a local AD plant. During the three years of the programme Colin hopes to look at succession, joint venture farming and how his farm can survive in a post-EU Britain.
For more information contact Judith Stafford, AHDB Cereals & Oilseeds Knowledge Exchange Manager, on email@example.com or 07891 556623.
- Soils, compaction and headland management: 1 November 2019 (report)
- Summer meeting: 26 June 2019 (report, pdf)
- Life after subsidies: 21 February 2019 (report, pdf)
- Soil Health, carbon enhancements, bio-mulch, heavy metals and FYM: 24 January 2019 (report, pdf)
- Economic sprayer washings management: 20 December 2018 (report, pdf)
- Cover crops. What are they good for? 15 November 2018 (report, pdf)
- Summer meeting: 26 June 2018
- Machinery and labour review: 22 February 2018 (report, pdf)
- Fit for the future and Brexit: 25 January 2018 (report, pdf)
- Phosphate and nutrient management: 21 December 2017 (report, pdf)
- Soils and soil nutrient management: 23 November 2017 (report, pdf)
- Launch: 23 June 2017 (report, pdf)
28 February 2020, 9:00 AM - 28 February 2020, 12:30 PMGander Farm, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 9PJ
Brigg Monitor Farm Review – where we were, where we are now and where we are going
1 November 2019, 10:00 AM - 1 November 2019, 1:30 PM
Gander Farm, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 9PJ
We'll discuss soils, compaction and headland management.
11 December 2019, 10:00 AM - 11 December 2019, 1:30 PM
Hibaldstow Village Hall, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 9DY
Environment issues – A sign of things to come