Understanding business performance part 1: Dumfriesshire
We are running a two-day course with Andersons Consulting to help you understand how your dairy business is performing and where to focus your efforts to drive profit and build a sustainable business.
- The basics of running a dairy business
- Understanding the terminology
- Reviewing previous performance – identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Key performance indicators – which ones are relevant to your system
- Calculating your profit needs and justification
- Longer-term planning
- Forward budget (profit and loss account) and planning ahead
- Sensitivity analysis
- Monitoring and adapting to change
- New opportunity – partial budget
Dates: 21 March & 28 March 2019
Time: 10:30 – 16:30 Lunch and refreshments provided
Venue: Thornhill Inn, 103-106 Drumlanrig St, Thornhill, Dumfriesshire, DG3 5LU
Trainer: Tony Evans, Head of dairy and livestock consultancy team at Andersons Consulting
The course is aimed at dairy farm owners and managers.
We have run this course before and attendees were very positive about the changes they were able to make by using ideas from the sessions.
“This course cut straight to the nuts and bolts of understanding and controlling our business. Lots of very useful business planning tools that we regularly use.” - Chris and Rachel Knowles, Trink Dairy, Cornwall.
It is essential you commit to attending BOTH days and bring your latest set of annual accounts (not to share with others but to use during the course for ACTUAL data for your business) and a note of your annual saleable milk volume in litres.
For more information or to book a place (max 2 places per business - you can bring your consultant/ accountant) please contact the KE Events hub on 01904 771216 or email email@example.com Alternatively contact Chris Stockwell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.