Ripon Monitor Farm: What can we learn from organic farming?
You are invited to join us for the final Ripon Monitor Farm meeting of the season hosted by Jonathan Fryatt.
You are invited to join us for the final Ripon Monitor Farm meeting of the season hosted by Jonathan Fryatt
Welcome to the final Ripon Monitor Farm winter meeting of the programme! We will finish as we started, with farmer-led discussions aimed to challenge thinking and inspire decision making on farm.
In this meeting we'll look towards a sector that has had to do things a little differently. We will explore what can be taken and applied from the principles they adhere to. Both when dealing with challenges such as pesticide failure and rising input costs, and when presented with opportunities from environmental land management schemes and changing consumer awareness.
Join veteran organic farmer John Pawsey and Hannah Fraser, a Nuffield Scholar and organic farmer as we discuss:
- What does farming at Shimpling Park Farm look like?
- What do you view as the major challenges and opportunities of farming organically?
- How do farming methods impact nutrient density, and how we can incentivise the production and consumption of nutrient-dense foods?
- What are the misconceptions of organic farming?
- What support is available for organic farmers, and do you think it’s enough?
- Is the future looking bright for the organic sector both pre and post farm gate?
Registration and refreshments will be available from 10:30am, with presentations commencing at 10:50am, and lunch will be provided.
BASIS and NRoSO points will be available for attending.
The event is free to attend, but please register to allow us to cater accordingly.
Find out more about AHDB Farm Excellence
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.