Final Beef from Grass project meeting: Shropshire
AHDB and Field Options Beef from Grass meeting, with a particular focus on fodder beet, kindly hosted by Andrew Crow at Cherrington Manor near Newport. Cherrington Manor runs a 190 head herd of Stabiliser suckler cows with youngstock outwintered on fodder beet and finished on a predominantly forage based diet. The farm has been involved in AHDB’s ‘Beef from Grass project’ for the past four grazing seasons which aims to demonstrate the value of improved grassland management on beef farms. Our main speaker for the day will be Dr Jim Gibbs, fodder beet grazing specialist from Lincoln University, New Zealand.
This event covers topics including:
- The changes Andrew has made as part of the Beef from Grass project and the impact this has had on his business and animal performance (Marc Jones, ADAS)
- Pros and cons of fodder beet for beef and sheep systems
- Top tips for variety choice, establishment and crop management
- How to transition to fodder beet well
- Planning how to optimise animal performance on fodder beet
To book your place please email KE.email@example.com or call 01904 771212 and let us know of any special dietary requirements.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.
T 01904 771212