Cereals & Oilseeds - Town Hall Discussion - AHDB Strategy
Join us for an open discussion about the future direction of cereals & oilseeds at AHDB. This 'town hall' event will give you the chance to have a say on our new five-year strategy and ask questions of Paul Temple (Cereals & Oilseeds Chairman) and Martin Grantley-Smith (Sector Strategy Director)
The challenges we aim to meet:
- With less chemistry available, how do we maintain crop quality and tackle weed, pest and disease pressures with greater adoption of IPM?
- How can we remain financially viable as the current stepwise reduction in payment support is only partly offset by new environmentally based schemes?
- How can meeting Net Zero ambitions for the environment be achieved in a profitable manner in supply chains?
- How can the industry attract and retain the right level of skilled staff for the future?
- How do we maintain our industry reputation to ensure the consumer continues to purchase UK products?
Our new strategy will put us in a place to deliver what the industry needs, including revamping the way AHDB works.
You’ll have the opportunity to submit questions before hand or join our ‘virtual stage’ and speak directly with the team.
If you do decide to join us, we recommend you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser, for the best connection and experience.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact us using the details below.