Pearce Seeds LLP and AHDB Open Day featuring Arable Connections
Join us for the Pearce Seeds LLP and AHDB Open Day featuring Arable Connections on Thursday 27 June.
The day will provide growers with information and advice on how to overcome technical and economic challenges to their businesses. It will also provide a greater understanding of post farm gate challenges, the supply chain and demand for arable commodities.
Our partners from Red Tractor will also be in attendance at this event.
The Crop Health And Protection (CHAP) mobile laboratory will be attending this event to demonstrate in-field testing for target site and non-target site resistance to black-grass. The team will demonstrate the technology on the day and discuss how the technology could be used for other types of testing, for example resistance in other areas of crop protection (insecticides/fungicides) and pathogen detection.
Attendees are encourage to bring along samples of black-grass from their farms for testing either during the event or soon afterwards.
- Pearce Seeds Variety plots and fungicide trials, cover crops, Stewardship mixes
- NuFarm demonstration
- Wessex Water soil analysis
- AHDB Winter Barley Recommended List - timed tours to be arranged
- AHDB Drills and cultivation trial plots – timed tours to be arranged
- Monitor Farm Debate - with Wessex Water – an environmental theme – before lunch
- BASIS / NRoSO points
Click below to watch a video preview of this event