Effective Manager Programme
The Effective Manager Programme
In 2019, AHDB will be running the Effective Manager Programme, leading to the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management.
This four-day course is designed for members of staff looking to develop abilities and seek to transform into the next level of management. It's also useful for managers who need to lead people but have not received any formal training before.
As a result of this course participants will:
- Improve their confidence
- Develop better relationships through effective communication
- Gain new skills that will be transferable across the business
- Utilise the skills in their team more effectively
What's in it for me?
The ILM Level 3 Leadership and Management course is designed to create results for the individual:
- Gain a range of key management skills
- Build foundation of leadership capabilities
- Further develop confidence in motivating and engaging team members
- Provide a base level of training, enabling people to progress to the Professional Manager Development Scheme (PMDS)
This course is relevant to people who:
- Have some supervisory/management responsibility but also carry out daily tasks
- Make decisions which have some resource implications i.e. require additional staff or some budget
- Are involved in the supervision/management of other people (eg, be involved in, but not decide about recruitment decisions or disciplinary matters)
- Operate with a degree of independence
- Plan work looking several days or weeks ahead
This course will run from January 2019 through to May 2019 in York and Hampshire, with four sessions in each location - dates are shown below.
A discounted rate of £200 +VAT is available for levy payers and their employees, which includes registration, accommodation for the first session, tutor, refreshments during the day and ILM accreditation fees. Non-levy payers are allowed to apply but will be required to pay the full cost of the course - £431 +VAT. Invoices will be sent once attendance on course has been approved and confirmed.
Places are strictly limited to a maximum of 12 people and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. There is no pre-requisite in terms of qualifications to take part in the programme, however, applicants must be able to complete reports and commit to attending all training sessions. Failure to attend full course may still result in fees being charged.
|Session 1: Effective Planning and Delegation||14 January 2019||21 January 2019|
|Session 2: Motivating the Team to Develop Performance||8 February 2019||11 February 2019|
|Session 3: Applying Communications Skills||14 March 2019||13 March 2019|
|Session 4: Developing your Leadership||1 May 2019||2 May 2019|
Project work and assignments will be set between modules to apply the theory learnt back in the workplace. The written assignments after each module are typically a 1000 words in length. These all contribute to the fulfilment of the ILM Award qualification.
Each session will start at 8:45am with refreshments, lunch will be provided and finish at 5:00pm.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the course please contact Amie Burke on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07741 628 597
To book your place call the AHDB KE Events Hub on 01904 771218 or email email@example.com